Chrysler recently announced that they are recalling the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee for flaws related to the software and electrical wiring of the vehicles. Specifically, the recall affects the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles that were manufactured between January and August 2013. The recall affects just under 92,000 potential Jeep Lemon vehicles.
The Lemon Law Experts of Consumer Law Experts have been contacted by Chrysler and Jeep consumers who are concerned with this recent recall. Below is a list of common questions asked of the Lemon Law Experts and the corresponding answers:
- What is the Jeep recall for?
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) stated that the recall is the result of problems with loose alternator ground wires. The loose wires can result in the random illumination of instrument cluster warning lights, loss of the anti-lock brake system (ABS) and loss of the electronic stability control (ESC) function. These flaws can pose serious safety concerns by reducing the driver’s ability to control the vehicle without any warnings on the dashboard display of the problem.
- What do I do if my car is part of the recall?
- Chrysler announced that they will be informing affected Jeep consumers this month about the recall.
- If you own or lease one of the recall Jeep vehicles, you are urged to drive carefully and take your vehicle into your local authorized Jeep or Chrysler dealership that will update the software and repair the wires free of charge.
- Is my vehicle a lemon if I have experienced problems with my ABS, ESC or with the illumination of the cluster warning lights?
- If you own or lease a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee and you have experienced problems any of these problems, you may be driving a Jeep lemon or a Chrysler lemon and you may be entitled to a refund, replacement car or cash compensation.
- If you have experienced any of these problems with your potential Jeep Lemon, call a lemon law lawyer of the Lemon Law Experts who will provide you with a free lemon law consultation.
- How much will the consultation cost me?
- Our lemon law lawyers will not charge you for the consultation. Feel free to call the Lemon Law Experts of Consumer Law Experts who will provide you with a free and confidential case evaluation.
If you are driving a potential Jeep Lemon or Chrysler Lemon and have experienced problems with your anti-lock brake system or the electronic stability control, call the Jeep Lemon Law Experts today for a free and confidential case evaluation. Our attorneys are standing by to help answer questions you may have regarding this recall. They will be able to tell you if you have a valid lemon law claim against Chrysler. Call us today at (877) 885-5366 to speak directly with one of our lemon law lawyers.