Our Fremont lemon law attorneys are experienced professionals who understand the ins and outs of California’s lemon law protections. We have represented countless individuals in the fight for a fair lemon law settlement and are prepared to do the same for you.
If you have purchased or leased a lemon vehicle in Fremont, don’t wait to get legal help. Call us at 877.969.2809 or fill out our online form today to schedule a free consultation.
Our Fremont lemon lawyers will review your case and discuss the best legal strategy for protecting your rights. We’ll help you determine the odds of success in your claim and explain what kind of compensation you can expect to receive if successful.
Fremont, California Lemon Law
The California Lemon Law applies to any vehicle purchased or leased that has a major defect that cannot be repaired within a reasonable number of attempts (typically 2-4, depending on the type/severity of the defect). The law requires that manufacturers provide a refund or replacement vehicle of equal value to consumers in such cases.
The following are some of the key provisions of the California Lemon Law:
- A “reasonable number of attempts” must be made to repair a vehicle’s defect(s) in order for it to qualify as a lemon.
- The manufacturer must provide a refund or replacement vehicle of equal value if the defect cannot be repaired after this reasonable number of attempts is reached.
- The manufacturer must cover all related costs associated with the lemon law process, such as attorney fees and damages.
- Consumers have four years from the date they noticed a defect to file a lemon law claim.
- The underlying defect must make the vehicle unsafe or substantially impair its use, value, or purpose.
- The vehicle must not have received any significant modifications or alterations made by the owner or a third-party mechanic.
- Consumers may be eligible to receive additional compensation for other damages related to their lemon law or auto fraud claim.
At our Fremont lemon law firm, we understand that this process can be complex and costly. We are here to help you from start to finish, providing comprehensive legal representation and fighting hard for the best possible outcome.
Determining if Your Vehicle is a Lemon
If you’re not sure if your vehicle is a lemon, there are a few things you can check for. These include:
- The vehicle has had multiple repair attempts for the same defect(s). This is especially true if it has had three or more repair attempts.
- The defect is so severe that you cannot use the vehicle in a safe and normal manner.
- The defect has caused a dangerous situation, such as an accident or near-accident.
- For at least 30 days, the vehicle has been in the repair shop for repairs related to the same defect.
- The defect has caused a substantial reduction in the vehicle’s market value.
- You have obtained a written repair order from the manufacturer or dealership that states the vehicle has a defect.
- The repair order is dated within the four-year window of the lemon law.
- 18 months or 18,000 miles have not passed since the original purchase or lease date, whichever comes first.
Our Fremont lemon law attorneys can help you determine if your vehicle qualifies for lemon law protection and will fight for a fair settlement if it does.
What can I do if my car does not meet the legal standards of a lemon vehicle?
If your vehicle does not meet the legal standards of a lemon vehicle, there are still other options to pursue. You may be able to file a claim for breach of contract, auto fraud, or other consumer protection violations.
Examples of consumer protection violations include:
- Unfair and deceptive business practices
- The use of bait-and-switch tactics
- Unlawful advertising or merchandising practices
- The sale of a lemon vehicle without disclosure of its defects
- Misrepresentations on the condition and quality of a vehicle
- The sale of recalled vehicles without disclosure or repair
- Failing to honor a warranty or service contract
- Unlawful odometer tampering or fraud
- Unfair or unconscionable terms in a contract
- Fraudulent financing and loan practices
Our Fremont lemon lawyers can advise you on the best course of action and help you pursue the compensation you deserve. Remember, it’s important that you act quickly. The law sets a strict time limit in which to pursue a claim, and any delay may jeopardize your ability to recover the damages you deserve.
Car Manufacturers We Seek Relief From
At our Fremont lemon law firm, we have extensive experience handling cases against all major car manufacturers, including:
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA)
- General Motors (GM)
- Jaguar Land Rover
- Mercedes Benz
- Volkswagen (VW)
We also handle claims involving all types of heavy-duty vehicles, including RVs, motorcycles, and trucks.
We Will Maximize Your Compensation
We are dedicated to helping our clients get the compensation they deserve. Depending on the case, this could include:
- Refund of the purchase or lease price
- Repurchase of the vehicle at a reduced price
- Replacement vehicle of similar value
- Cash settlement
- Repair costs and expenses, such as rental car fees
- Reimbursement of towing, repair and diagnosis expenses
- Interest on the refund or other compensation
- Attorney fees and costs
- Increase in the value of the vehicle
- Injunctive relief (i.e., a court order) requiring the manufacturer to take certain actions
Our contingency fee basis ensures our clients are not responsible for any legal fees unless we secure a successful outcome.
Contact our Fremont Lemon Lawyers Today
If you believe your vehicle may be a lemon, please don’t hesitate to contact our lemon law firm. Our legal team is here to help you navigate the process and fight for a fair settlement. We have many years of experience helping consumers like you get justice and the compensation they deserve.
Call us today to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced attorneys.