In May 2023, Kia issued a recall affecting around 109,000 vehicles equipped with digital instrument clusters featuring 4.2-inch LCD screens.
According to the manufacturer, certain 2023 Kia vehicles may be equipped with defective instrument clusters that can suddenly go blank, preventing drivers from seeing tire pressure readings, warning lights, and other key information for safe and informed driving.
A malfunctional instrument cluster can disrupt a driver’s ability to monitor their vehicle’s performance and respond effectively to changing road conditions.
In February 2023, Kia identified an issue affecting 4.2-inch LCD instrument clusters installed in specific 2023 vehicle models, including the Sportage, Sportage Hybrid, Sportage Plug-in Hybrid, Niro Hybrid, Niro Plug-In Hybrid, Soul, and Telluride, all sold within the United States.
Upon investigation, engineers traced the cause of the problem to issues within the instrument cluster software, aggravated by electrical interference due to voltage fluctuations during the vehicle’s startup process. This combination creates what Kia has termed a “booting error-” leading to a blank instrument cluster display.
Which Kia models are being recalled for a defective instrument cluster?
The following is a Kia instrument cluster recall 2023 list of affected vehicles:
- 2023 Kia Sportage
- 2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid
- 2023 Kia Sportage Plug-in Hybrid
- 2023 Kia Niro Hybrid
- 2023 Kia Niro Plug-in Hybrid
- 2023 Kia Soul
- 2023 Kia Telluride
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) announced that most of the Kia vehicles included in this recall were manufactured between September 2022 and February 2023. If you have questions or concerns, do not hesitate to reach out to Kia or a lemon law firm for guidance and assistance.
How do I know if my Kia is part of the Instrument Cluster Recall?
In May 2023, Kia issued recall letters regarding the instrument cluster in certain vehicles. If you are a Kia driver with questions about this recall, you can reach out to Kia at 800-333-4542 and refer to the instrument cluster recall number SC270. If you require further assistance or have concerns about your rights as a consumer, consider reaching out to a lemon law firm for guidance.
Does Kia fix the instrument cluster for free?
Yes, Kia is offering a software fix for free. When a recall is issued, dealerships are instructed to perform the necessary repairs or updates, such as fixing the instrument cluster software, without charging the vehicle owner.
What should I do if my Kia display screen is not working?
If your Kia display screen is not working, we recommend taking the following steps:
- Consult Your Warranty: Review your Kia vehicle’s warranty coverage. If your Kia is still under warranty, the display screen issue may be covered. Contact your Kia dealership to understand the warranty terms and the extent of coverage.
- Professional Inspection: If the screen issue persists, we recommend that you seek professional inspection and repair services. Visit an authorized Kia dealership or a certified repair center to diagnose and fix the problem accurately.
- Document the Issue: Maintain accurate records of all interactions, appointments, and repairs related to the display screen problem. This documentation can be valuable if you encounter persistent issues or need to pursue legal action.
- Legal Consultation: If the issue remains unresolved or your rights as a consumer are compromised, consider consulting a lemon law attorney. They specialize in advocating for consumers dealing with persistent vehicle defects.
Remember that addressing the display screen issue promptly is essential for your safety, convenience, and overall satisfaction with your Kia vehicle.
Get in contact with the California Lemon Law Experts now!
Is your Kia touch screen not working? If you are facing persistent vehicle defects or believe your rights as a consumer have been compromised, do not hesitate to reach out to the Lemon Law Experts for immediate assistance.
What sets our team apart is our unwavering commitment to achieving exceptional results for our lemon law clients throughout the State of California. We have a proven track record of successfully representing individuals receive the compensation, resolution, and justice they rightfully deserve.
We offer complimentary consultations to make it as easy as possible for you to seek assistance from our team of Lemon Law Experts. During this consultation, we will diligently assess your unique case, offer invaluable guidance on the most effective course of action, and outline the precise steps needed to pursue a favorable resolution.
Do not let ongoing defects disrupt your driving experience. Reach out to the Lemon Law Experts today and take the definitive first step towards getting rid of that Kia lemon.