An ongoing Jeep windshield lawsuit asserts that both Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Gladiator models are outfitted with faulty windshields susceptible to cracking, chipping, and fracturing.
The legal action contends that windshields on Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Gladiator vehicles spanning from 2016 to the present pose an “elevated risk of accidents, injuries, or even fatalities.”
Reportedly, compromised windshields on Jeep vehicles lead to issues for drivers, including compromised visibility and a reduction in the structural integrity of these vehicles.
According to the windshield class action lawsuit, the windshields of Wrangler and Gladiator models exhibit cracks without apparent cause or under circumstances that typically would not lead to failure in a non-defective windshield.
What causes the Jeep windshield crack defect?
Plaintiffs maintain that the Jeep windshields can develop cracks through regular use of defrosters or from minor stones striking the glass. The lawsuit asserts that affected drivers have “encountered shattered windshields resulting from minimal or even no impact, or due to temperature fluctuations between the vehicle’s interior and exterior.”
Which Jeep windshields are alleged to be defective?
The lawsuit says that the following models and years may be affected by the Jeep windshield crack defect:
- 2016-Current Jeep Gladiator
- 2016-Current Jeep Wrangler
Is there a Jeep cracked windshield warranty?
Yes, however the lawsuit claims that a significant number of windshield failures occur immediately after the expiration of warranty coverage. This temporal correlation raises suspicions about the fairness of the warranty terms.
The plaintiffs further claim that the warranty, both in its procedural aspects and substantive content, is unjust. It fails to adequately inform vehicle owners about potential post-warranty windshield issues. Many Jeep drivers have reported including one plaintiff have reported that they had to pay for replacement windshields out of pocket, which can cost anywhere from $400 to $700.
What should I do if my Jeep Gladiator or Jeep Wrangler Windshield is affected?
If you suspect that your Jeep Gladiator or Jeep Wrangler windshield is affected by the issues mentioned in the class action lawsuit, here are some steps you should consider taking:
- Document the Damage: Take clear photographs of the cracks, chips, or fractures on your windshield. These photos can serve as evidence if you decide to pursue any action.
- Contact Your Dealership or Manufacturer: Get in touch with your Jeep dealership or the manufacturer’s customer service to report the issue. Describe the problem you’re experiencing and provide them with the necessary details. They might have information about recalls, warranty coverage, or solutions available.
- Check for Recalls or Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs): Research whether there are any official recalls or TSBs related to windshield issues for your specific Jeep model and year. This information can be found on the official Jeep website or through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) website.
- Review Warranty Coverage: Check your vehicle’s warranty documentation to understand the terms and coverage related to windshield issues. If you are still within the warranty period, contact the manufacturer to discuss possible repairs or replacements.
- Get Legal Advice: If you believe your windshield issues are related to the alleged defects mentioned in the class action lawsuit and your concerns are not being adequately addressed by the dealership or manufacturer, you may consider seeking legal advice. Consult an attorney who specializes in consumer protection cases to discuss your options.
- Keep Records: Maintain records of all communication, documentation, and actions you take regarding your windshield issues. This includes emails, phone calls, repair invoices, and any other relevant materials.
Ultimately, the best course of action depends on the specific circumstances of your situation, including the severity of the issue, your vehicle’s warranty status, and your desired resolution. If you are unsure about the appropriate steps to take, consider seeking advice from a qualified lemon law attorney.
Should I join the Jeep windshield class action lawsuit?
Deciding whether to participate in the Jeep windshield class action lawsuit or pursue an individual case is a choice that hinges on various factors tied to your specific situation. By exploring the advantages of each approach, you can make a more informed decision.
Joining the class action lawsuit could be a prudent choice if you find yourself facing windshield issues that appear to align with those highlighted in the legal action. Being part of a class action provides you with strength in numbers—many individuals who’ve experienced similar concerns come together to collectively address the problem.
This consolidated effort can yield a more substantial impact, as the shared experiences of the group can underscore the validity of the claims being made.
In this scenario, your involvement bolsters the collective voice striving for resolution. Moreover, class actions typically require less individual effort compared to pursuing an individual case, as the legal representation is generally provided by the lead plaintiffs’ lawyers. This can alleviate some of the stress and complexity that comes with pursuing legal action.
However, class action outcomes might not always be tailored to your circumstances. The settlement terms, compensation distribution, and resolution might not precisely match your personal needs or the extent of your windshield issues. If you believe your case warrants more individualized attention, pursuing an individual claim might be a better fit.
Opting for an individual case grants you the ability to focus exclusively on the nuances of your situation. If your windshield problems are particularly severe, distinct, or have led to significant damages, an individual lawsuit enables you to present your case with a personalized approach.
This allows you to advocate for compensation that reflects the specific impact the windshield issues have had on your vehicle’s functionality, your safety, and your overall experience.
Can I file a lemon law claim for my defective windshield?
If you have experienced repeat issues with your Jeep vehicle, and you desire compensation tailored to your specific situation, pursuing an individual lemon law claim might offer a more suitable avenue for resolution. Before making a decision, we highly recommend that you consult with a legal professional who can provide tailored advice based on your circumstances.
Give the Lemon Law Experts a call!
If you’ve experienced vehicle issues or have dealt with a Jeep Gladiator or Jeep Wrangler windshield crack, we may be able to help. As the Lemon Law Experts, a leading firm in California, we are committed to fighting for your rights to secure you the compensation you rightfully deserve. Contact us today to get started with a free, no-obligation consultation.