Have you recently purchased a vehicle that’s giving more trouble than it should? Our Lancaster Lemon Law Experts are dedicated attorneys who understand your plight and can help get the compensation you deserve.
Put simply, if where you put your money isn’t delivering on its promise of quality transportation, we’ve got your back! Utilizing state and federal laws for consumer protection allows us to fight for what is rightfully yours – so don’t let yourself be taken advantage of any longer.
Call us today at 877.885.5366 and let us show you how we can help.
What is Lancaster, California Lemon Law?
In California, the Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act, commonly known as the California Lemon Law, is designed to protect consumers from faulty and defective vehicles. Under this law, manufacturers of new and used cars must honor warranties by either providing a full refund or replacing the car if they cannot repair it after multiple tries.
The lemon law covers conditions that substantially impair the vehicle’s use, value, or safety. This can include issues such as:
- Check engine light on
- Unexplained and excessive repairs
- Too much vibration
- Leaking fluids
- Poor gas mileage
- Faulty body parts
- Difficulty starting
- Electrical issues
- Engine issues
- Inconsistent braking or steering
- Poor handling and ride quality
- Suspension issues
- Irregular tire wear
- Unresponsive acceleration
- Unusual smells
- Uneven noises
It is crucial to note that not all vehicle issues qualify under the lemon law. That is why it is so important to work with knowledgeable Lancaster lemon law attorneys who can accurately evaluate your case and determine if you are eligible for compensation under the California Lemon Law.
Time Limits and Requirements for Filing a Lemon Law Claim in Lancaster
In Lancaster, there are time limits for filing a lemon law claim that is usually based on the date of vehicle purchase, vehicle lease, or discovery of the defect. Consumers must generally file a complaint within four years from when they took possession of the vehicle or first discovered there is a defect with the vehicle.
In order to qualify for compensation, consumers must demonstrate that they have provided the auto manufacturer with a reasonable number of opportunities to repair the defective vehicle. What is a reasonable number of repair attempts depends on the nature of the defect at issue. This generally means two or more attempts to fix the same or similar issue if it is deemed a substantial safety defect.
Certain requirements must be met when filing a lemon law claim in Lancaster. These include providing a copy of the original purchase or lease agreement and any warranties associated with it, and proof that you have reported the issue to the dealer or manufacturer and have attempted reasonable repairs.
If you believe that you have a lemon law case, do not hesitate to reach out to our Lancaster Lemon Law Attorneys for assistance.
How Long Does a Lancaster Lemon Law Case Take?
Lemon law cases in Lancaster can take anywhere from a few months to several years, depending on the complexity of the case. Some cases can be resolved through negotiation with the manufacturer or dealer, while others require filing a lawsuit. Our experienced attorneys will work diligently to resolve your case as quickly as possible and strive to get you the best possible outcome.
What Can Our Lancaster Lemon Law Attorneys Do for You?
If you believe your car is a lemon, our experienced Lancaster Lemon Law attorneys can provide you with the representation and guidance you need. Our lawyers will help you in the following ways:
- Determine whether your car is a lemon
- Evaluate your case for any additional damages or compensation
- Gather and review all evidence necessary to prove your lemon law case
- Negotiate with the manufacturer or dealer for a full refund or replacement
- Handle all communication with the other party’s attorneys
- Negotiate the best possible settlement for you
- Handle all paperwork associated with your claim
- Represent you in court if necessary
- Provide advice and support throughout the entire process
- Work diligently to ensure a favorable outcome in your case.
While you can file a lemon law claim on your own, you may not have the necessary experience or understanding of the complex laws and regulations involved. That is why having an experienced attorney is critical when filing a lemon law claim in Lancaster.
What are Your Lancaster Lemon Compensation Options?
Depending on the specifics of your lemon case, you may be eligible for a variety of compensation options. This could include:
- Replacement vehicle: If eligible, you may receive a replacement vehicle of the same make and model as your defective car.
- Refund: You could be entitled to a refund of all money paid for the car, including taxes, registration fees, and any other costs associated with the purchase or lease minus a usage fee for when you drove the vehicle without any issues.
- Cash settlement: In some cases, you may receive a cash settlement instead of a repurchase.
- Attorney’s fees: As the prevailing party, the manufacturer is responsible to pay for your reasonable attorneys fees and costs.
- Extended warranty: You may receive an extended warranty to cover any future repairs on the car.
Other settlement options may also be available depending on the circumstances of your case. These include compensation for:
- Rental car expenses: If you had to rent a car while your lemon vehicle was being repaired, these expenses can be reimbursed to you.
- Incidental costs: Any other costs incurred due to the defective vehicle, such as towing, parking, and storage, can also be included in your settlement.
- Out-of-pocket expenses: Any additional expenses, such as repairs and maintenance, may also be covered in your settlement.
- Repair costs: If you paid for any repairs to the car before filing a claim, these costs might also be covered.
- Towing costs: If you had to tow the car due to its defective nature, these costs might also be covered.
Hire an Experienced Attorney for Your Lemon Law Claim in Lancaster, California
If you believe that your car may be a lemon, contact us today to schedule your free consultation with our experienced team of Lancaster Lemon Law attorneys. We are dedicated to helping consumers get the justice they deserve from negligent automakers and dealerships.