Welcome to the website of Moreno Valley Lemon Law Attorneys. We are a team of experienced attorneys dedicated to defending the rights of consumers and ensuring that they receive the compensation they deserve when they encounter a problem with their vehicle or another product that is covered by the California Lemon Law.
Our goal is to provide our clients with the best legal representation possible and ensure a positive outcome for their case. We have extensive experience in lemon law claims and know how to navigate the law to get the best result for our clients.
We understand that dealing with a lemon law claim can be a stressful and daunting process and are here to help guide our clients through it every step of the way. We will take the time to answer all your questions and make sure that you understand your rights and the process.
If you believe that your vehicle may qualify as a lemon, contact our experienced attorneys today to schedule a free case evaluation. We will review your case and provide the personalized advice you need to determine the best course of action for your situation.
Moreno Valley Lemon Law
California’s Lemon Law protects consumers who have purchased or leased new or used vehicles that have been repeatedly serviced for the same defect. The law applies to cars, trucks, motorcycles, motorhomes, and other vehicles.
Under the law, a vehicle is considered a lemon if it has a substantial defect that cannot be repaired within a certain number of attempts. If this is the case, then the manufacturer must either replace the vehicle or provide a refund.
Additionally, consumers may be able to pursue other damages from the dealer or manufacturer, such as fraud, breach of contract, or violations of consumer protection laws.
Other guidelines for the Lemon Law may vary depending on the type of vehicle and other factors. Our experienced attorneys can help you understand your rights under California’s Lemon Law and determine if you have a valid claim.
Signs that Your Vehicle is a Lemon
If your vehicle has been serviced multiple times for the same problem, there is a chance that it may qualify as a lemon. Some of the signs that may indicate a lemon include:
- You have taken your car to the dealership or repair shop more than three times for the same problem.
- The repair shop has been unable to diagnose the issue or provide a solution.
- The repair shop has been unable to make the same repair twice.
- The defect is considered a “safety issue” or “safety hazard”.
- The defect is causing a substantial interruption in the use of the vehicle, such as frequent breakdowns.
- The defect has been present since the day you purchased or leased the vehicle.
- You have been unable to use the vehicle due to a defect.
- The manufacturer or dealership has refused to repair the vehicle or has offered an inadequate resolution.
- The vehicle has been out of commission for an extended period of time due to the defect.
- The manufacturer or dealership has made repeated repairs to the same part.
- The manufacturer or dealership has failed to honor the terms of a warranty.
- The vehicle has been serviced by the same repair shop or dealership multiple times and they still cannot resolve the issue.
- The repair shop or dealership has replaced the same part multiple times.
- You have experienced similar problems with other vehicles of the same make and model.
- You have experienced a certain “defect pattern” with your vehicle, such as only occurring after a certain number of miles.
The law requires a defect to have happened within 18 months of purchase or 18,000 miles traveled. You also have 4 years from the date of noticing the defect to bring a Lemon Law claim.
Common Defects that Qualify as a Lemon
The most common defects that may qualify for a lemon law claim include:
- Engine or transmission problems
- Electrical issues
- Mechanical faults, such as brakes or steering
- Exhaust or emissions problems
- Bodywork or paint blemishes
- Structural problems, such as rusting
- Defective air conditioning systems
- Defective alarms or security systems
- Suspension problems
- Coolant system issues
- Defective fuel systems
- Poorly functioning brakes
- Inadequate power steering
- Improper seating or mirror positioning
- Poorly functioning lights
- Defective airbags or seatbelts
- Unsafe tires or wheels
Other defects may also qualify as lemon law cases, and it is important to speak with an experienced Moreno Valley lemon lawyer if you think your vehicle may be a lemon.
We Take on the Biggest Manufacturers
Our experienced lemon law attorneys in Moreno Valley have successfully helped people who own vehicles from a variety of manufacturers, including:
- Mercedes Benz
Our Moreno Valley lemon lawyers understand that every case is unique and we will use our extensive legal experience to help you get the best possible results. We will work hard to ensure that your rights are protected and you receive fair compensation for any losses you have incurred.
If your vehicle qualifies as a lemon, we will pursue the following options on your behalf:
- A Buy-Back aka Refund: The manufacturer will buy the vehicle back from you, and reimburse all monies you spent on the vehicle including your down payment, monthly payments, taxes, minus a usage fee for the time that drove it without problems. Here, the manufacturer will also pay off the loan (if any) on the vehicle and reimburse you for any incidental expenses related to the lemon.
- Replacement: The manufacturer will provide you with a new, vehicle that is substantially similar to the one that is a lemon. You will be responsible for any difference in price and the usage fee.
- Repair: If the defect can be repaired, the manufacturer may be required to provide you with a reasonable repair.
- Cash Settlement: The manufacturer may provide you with other forms of compensation, such as a cash settlement where you keep possession of the vehicle.
- Payment of Your Attorneys Fees & Costs: As the prevailing party under the California Lemon Law, the manufacturer will be responsible for your attorneys fees and costs. This makes pursuing a lemon law claim an easy decision.
Our Moreno Valley lemon law attorneys will use their knowledge and experience to help you get the best possible resolution for your case. We have an impressive track record of success and will work hard to ensure that your rights are protected.
Don’t Hesitate to Take Action
If you think your vehicle is a lemon, it is important to take action as soon as possible. Contact our experienced lemon law attorneys in Moreno Valley today and get the legal help you need. We will review your case and provide guidance on how to best proceed.
We understand that dealing with a lemon vehicle can be stressful and we are here to help you every step of the way. We will do our best to help you get the justice you deserve.
Don’t suffer in silence, take action today and protect your rights. Contact us and get the help you need.