At the Lemon Law Experts, our team of experienced lemon law attorneys in Ontario specialize in representing lemon law cases and have a deep understanding of Ontario’s consumer protection laws.
Our Ontario lemon law lawyers can assist you if your automobile is exhibiting substantial defects not disclosed at the time of sale or if your attempts to repair the issue were unsuccessful. We can also help if the manufacturer or dealership refuses to remedy the defect or replace your car.
Contact us at 877.885.5366 for a free consultation with one of our experienced Ontario lemon law attorneys. We can help you understand your rights and the legal options available.
Ontario, California Lemon Law
The Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act, or California Lemon Law, protects consumers who have purchased or leased defective vehicles.
In Ontario, it applies to used cars as well as new ones. This law requires the manufacturer to repurchase the vehicle if it has been presented for repeated repairs which substantially affect its safety, use, or value. If the manufacturer cannot repair the issue after a repeat number of repair attempts, they must either repurchase or replace the vehicle with a comparable one.
Here are the provisions of the lemon law:
- The manufacturer must make a reasonable number of attempts to repair the problem.
- The problems must substantially affect the vehicle’s safety, use or value.
- The vehicle is repaired at least four times for the same defect.
- The vehicle is repaired at least two times for a serious safety defect.
If you do not know whether your car is a lemon, our experienced Ontario lemon law attorneys can help you evaluate your rights and determine if you have a case under the California Lemon Law.
What Vehicles Are Covered Under Ontario Lemon Law?
Under the California Lemon Law, vehicles that are covered include:
- Passenger cars, SUVs, pickup trucks, sedans vans
- Leased vehicles
- Recreational vehicles (RVs)
- Motor homes
- And more
Any vehicle purchased, leased, or registered in California and has been repeatedly repaired for the same or similar issue may be protected under the Ontario Lemon Law.
What Are Some Common Cases in Ontario Lemon Law?
Common issues for which Ontario lemon law attorneys can help include:
- Antilock brake failure
- Damage in vehicle parts
- Chipping and defective paint
- Malfunctions in cruise-control
- Failure of brake pedal due to damages
- Defective airbags
- Defective fuel line
- Poor functioning of the engine computer
- Engine fire and failure
- Engine stalling
- Ineffective or failing seatbelts
- Fuel injection system leakage
- Malfunctioning electronics and wiring
- Molding in the air condition unit
- Power steering malfunctions
- Premature wear and tear on the brakes and rotor
- Steering pulls due to a malfunction
- Sudden unintended acceleration
- Transmission failures
Our experienced Ontario lemon law lawyers can provide you with legal advice and guidance if you believe you have a case involving one of these common defects under the California Lemon Law.
Does Lemon Law Apply for Used Cars in Ontario, California?
Yes, you may be covered under the Lemon Law if you purchase a used car in Ontario, California. The Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act, or the California Lemon Law, applies to new and used cars purchased or leased from authorized auto manufacturers in California.
Contact our lemon law attorneys in Ontario to see if your case qualifies. We can help you evaluate your case and determine whether or not filing a claim is the best option for you.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Filing a Lemon Claim in Ontario, California?
The statute of limitations for filing a lemon law claim in Ontario, California, is four years from when you the manufacturer could not conform your vehicle to the warranty. This means you must file your claim within four years of when you knew your vehicle could not be really fixed. In addition to this time limit, there are other requirements, including the fact that you must prove that the manufacturer or dealership attempted to repair repeatedly or that the problem has rendered the vehicle unusable for 30 or more days.
However, it is in your best interest to file a claim as soon as possible after the defect arises. The sooner you contact our Ontario lemon law attorneys, the greater your chance of having your case resolved quickly and successfully.
Why Hire Lemon Law Lawyers in Ontario?
When it comes to fighting for justice, you can trust our Ontario lemon law attorneys. Lemon Law Experts have the experience and knowledge needed to protect your rights under California state laws. Our team of lawyers will help you in the following ways:
- Understanding your consumer rights
- Negotiate with the manufacturer for a replacement or refund
- Analyze evidence, prepare and file legal documents
- Represent you in court if needed
- Explain all possible remedies available to you
- Aggressively fight for maximum compensation under the law
- Manage communications between manufacturers, dealerships, and judges
- Monitor deadlines and other essential timeframes
- Keep you informed on any developments throughout the entire process
- Assist with post-settlement disputes.
By working with an experienced lemon law attorney in Ontario, you can rest assured that your rights will be fully protected.
Contact an Experienced Attorney for Your Lemon Law Claim in Ontario, California Today!
Your Ontario lemon law claim is important, and you deserve the best representation possible. That is why you need to contact Lemon Law Experts as soon as possible. Our experienced attorneys have a deep understanding of the Ontario consumer protection laws and will aggressively fight for your rights the same way they have helped many others in the past.
Don’t wait any longer. Call us today at 877.885.5366 for a free consultation with one of our experienced Ontario lemon law attorneys. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you get the compensation you deserve!