Like other cities and counties in California, Santa Clarita is governed by the California Lemon Law contained in the California Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act.
This consumer protection act requires sellers to clearly disclose any applicable warranties on the item purchased so that the buyer knows what terms of service they are entitled to. If these terms are breached, they have a right to take legal action against the seller.
Some of the key provisions include:
- Automakers must provide written warranties with each new vehicle sold and leased in Santa Clarita
- The warranty must cover any defects that substantially impair the use, value, or safety of the vehicle
- If the defect is not fixed after a reasonable number of attempts, buyers may be entitled to a new vehicle or a refund
- Manufacturers are required to cover the cost of repairs and other necessary expenses associated with lemon law claims
- Buyers can pursue lemon law claims in either arbitration or court
We provide comprehensive legal representation in all areas of the lemon law, including cases involving new or used vehicles, leased vehicles, and others. Our experienced Santa Clarita lemon law attorneys can help you file a claim against the auto manufacturer responsible for your lemon product and get the compensation you deserve.
We Will Take Care of All Your Lemon Claim Paperwork and Negotiations
Our Santa Clarita lemon car attorneys understand the complexities of filing a lemon law claim, and we will handle all the paperwork and negotiations on your behalf. We will:
- Review all written warranties associated with your purchase to ensure that all applicable terms are included.
- Investigate the defect, identify the defect-causing component and document any repair attempts made to fix it.
- Gather evidence of the defect and document any financial losses you have sustained due to the product’s failure to perform.
- Create a demand letter to the manufacturer, outlining all your legal rights and remedies available under the California lemon law.
- Negotiate with the manufacturer on your behalf in pursuit of a satisfactory resolution.
- File a claim and take legal action in court if necessary.
- Represent you throughout the entire process and keep you updated on the progress of your case.
- Make sure all your legal rights are protected.
We also provide legal advice and representation in other consumer-related matters, such as warranty disputes and auto fraud.
Is Your Car a Lemon?
While not all vehicle problems qualify as a lemon, there are some key indicators that suggest you may have a lemon on your hands. These include:
- You have made multiple attempts to get your vehicle fixed, but the problem persists
- Many days have passed while the car has been at the dealership for repairs
- Numerous and similar complaints have been made against the same make or model of vehicle
- The dealer is refusing to honor the manufacturer’s warranty
- The car was purchased or leased within 18 months of the date you first noticed the problem
Another important factor to consider is the cost of repairs. If the costs exceed a certain percentage of the car’s value, then you may be entitled to additional compensation from the manufacturer.
We Handle an Array of Lemon Law Cases
Our Santa Clarita lemon law attorneys can help you with a variety of lemon law cases involving your vehicle.
We address a broad selection of lemon law-related defects including but not limited to:
- Engine and transmission problems
- Electrical and fuel system issues
- Defective brakes, steering systems, and suspensions
- Cooling and air conditioning malfunctions
- Heating system failures
- Unsafe tires and other safety components
- Defective exterior paint, trim elements and seals
- Improperly functioning interior components
- Faulty navigation systems and audio equipment
- Unexpected breakdowns and repeated trips to the repair shop
- Defects that cause a safety hazard to drivers and passengers
- Parts that fail prematurely or need frequent replacements
- Software issues and recalls
- Defects that reduce the value of the vehicle
We can also help you if you have issues related to:
- Unresolved customer service issues
- False advertising
- Unconscionable sales practices
- Excessive repair costs without a working resolution
- Car dealer abuses
- Unfair and deceptive auto financing terms
Beyond providing legal advice and representation, our Santa Clarita lemon lawyers are committed to helping you understand your rights and obligations under California lemon law. We will explain the process in simple terms and keep you informed of all developments throughout your case.
Car Manufacturers We Seek Justice From
Our Santa Clarita lemon attorneys have successfully represented clients with claims involving all major car manufacturers, including:
- General Motors
Through our knowledgeable representation, you can ensure that the car manufacturer is held accountable for any legal issues that arise. We are committed to helping you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
What To Do if You Suspect that Your Car is a Lemon
If you suspect that your car may be a lemon, we recommend that you:
- Consult with an experienced Santa Clarita Lemon Law attorney
- Document your complaint and all repair attempts made to the vehicle
- Keep detailed records of all communications with the car dealer or manufacturer
- Follow all instructions provided by the manufacturer or dealer related to warranty repairs
- Contact the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
- Consider filing a claim with the Better Business Bureau
The most important thing to do is to consult with an experienced lemon law attorney. We are here to help you understand your rights and take the necessary steps to protect them.
Contact Santa Clarita Lemon Lawyers for a Free Case Evaluation
If you have any questions or concerns about your potential lemon law case, please do not hesitate to contact our Santa Clarita lemon law attorneys. We offer a free case evaluation and can explain the process in simple terms. We will thoroughly evaluate your case and provide you with the best legal advice possible. You can be assured that we are committed to advocating for you and helping you get the justice and compensation that you deserve. Contact us today to get started.