Looking for a lemon law attorney in Simi Valley? Our experienced Simi Valley lemon car lawyers deeply understand the complexities of state and federal lemon laws and have helped numerous consumers throughout Simi Valley get the compensation they deserve for their defective vehicles.
The Lemon Law Experts are familiar with all aspects of the California Lemon Law. We understand how frustrating it can be when you purchase or lease a vehicle only to discover that it is not performing as promised. That’s why we work hard to ensure our clients receive fair compensation for their defective vehicles.
If you believe your vehicle is a lemon, contact The Lemon Law Experts today at 877.885.5366 for a free consultation. Our knowledgeable team will evaluate your case and provide you with the resources needed to get started on the path toward justice.
Simi Valley Lemon Law
Lemon laws were created to protect consumers who purchase or lease defective vehicles. Generally, these laws stipulate that a vehicle is considered a lemon if it has been subject to multiple repairs for the same defect and the problems have not been successfully fixed after a reasonable number of attempts. Under California and federal laws, manufacturers must give consumers a refund or replacement if their vehicle fits this definition.
The key provisions of the California Lemon Law include the following:
- Consumers are eligible for a refund or replacement if their vehicle has been subject to repeat repairs during the manufacturer warranty periods
- Consumers must have a valid warranty from the manufacturer in order to be eligible for compensation under the California lemon law
- Refunds are calculated based on the amount paid for the vehicle, the amount of use it has had, and a mileage deduction.
- Replacement vehicles must be similar in style, features, and price to the original vehicle purchased.
- Consumers must notify the manufacturer of the problem in writing before seeking legal remedy.
- Consumers have four years to file a claim under California lemon law.
We strive to ensure that our clients receive the compensation they deserve for their losses and work hard to guarantee a favorable outcome.
What Qualifies as a Lemon Law Claim in Simi Valley?
As stated above, a vehicle is considered a lemon if it has been subject to multiple repairs for the same defect and the problems have not been successfully fixed after a reasonable number of attempts.
Examples of defects that could qualify you for a lemon law claim in Simi Valley include:
- Defects in the engine, transmission, or other major components of the vehicle.
- Defects in safety features such as brakes, seatbelts, and airbags.
- Defects that affect the overall use or value of the vehicle.
- Defects that cause a vehicle to be non-operational for an extended period of time.
- Defects in the vehicle’s electronics, such as the radio or navigation system.
- Defects in the fuel system, such as poor gas mileage or incomplete combustion.
- Flaws in the vehicle’s bodywork, paint job, or interior trim.
- Issues with excessive noise, vibration, or shaking.
- Defects in the vehicle’s suspension or steering systems.
- Problems with air conditioning or heating.
- Issues with windows, locks, or other accessories.
- Defects that cause the vehicle to be unsafe to drive.
Our Simi Valley lemon law attorneys can help you determine whether your vehicle is eligible for a lemon law claim. We will assess the situation, review your contract and warranty, and advise you of your rights under California and federal laws.
What If My Car Doesn’t Fit the Lemon Law Legal Presumption?
You may still have a valid claim even if your vehicle doesn’t fit the legal presumption of a lemon. Consumers may be able to pursue a case against the manufacturer if their car has been subject to numerous repairs for the same or similar defect and if those repairs were made during the warranty periods.
In order to determine whether you may have a valid claim, it is best to consult with an experienced lemon law attorney in Simi Valley who can review the facts specific to your case and the applicable warranties. The attorneys at The Lemon Law Experts are dedicated to helping consumers receive the compensation they deserve for their losses due to defective vehicles. We will work hard to guarantee you get the justice you are entitled to under California and federal laws.
What Would I Receive If I Own or Lease a Lemon in Simi Valley?
There are various legal entitlements available to consumers with lemon vehicles in Simi Valley. You could be eligible for one of the following remedies:
- Refund – full refund including your down payment, monthly payments, taxes and remaining loan balance payoff (minus a usage fee).
- Replacement – you may be eligible to receive a replacement vehicle of a similar make and model.
- Incidental Costs – the manufacturer must pay for any incidental costs associated with the lemon such as tow or rental car costs.
- Attorney’s Fees – As the prevailing party, the manufacturer is required to pay for your reasonable attorney’s fees and costs.
Work with Simi Valley Lemon Attorneys Today!
Time is of the essence when it comes to filing a Lemon Law claim, so don’t hesitate to contact our team of experienced Simi Valley Lemon Lawyers today. We take on Simi Valley Law claims on a contingency basis, so you don’t have to worry about any upfront costs.
To start you off, our attorneys will review your case for free and provide you with a comprehensive evaluation of your legal options. From there, we can advise you on the best course of action and help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
Contact us to get started on your Lemon Law claim today!