Home to some of California’s most beautiful coastal mountain ranges, Thousand Oaks is a great place to live. But what happens if you’ve purchased or leased a vehicle that doesn’t quite measure up?
Don’t worry – our experienced team of Lemon Law attorneys are here for you! We have successfully handled hundreds of cases in the area and can provide the necessary legal assistance and remedies, so consumers get proper compensation for their defective vehicles.
Contact us at 877.885.5366 or fill out our online form. We will evaluate your case and advise you on whether your case qualifies for lemon law relief and if so, the best course of action.
Thousand Oaks, California Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act
Also known as the California Lemon Law, the Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act protects consumers who purchased or leased vehicles that fail to meet the manufacturer’s standards of performance and reliability. This law applies to motorhomes, cars, SUVs, trucks, and other motor vehicles purchased or leased in California.
If your vehicle does not meet the manufacturer’s standards after a reasonable number of repair attempts, you may be entitled to compensation from the manufacturer for your lemon vehicle.
Some of the key provisions of the California Lemon are:
- The vehicle must be purchased or leased in California.
- The vehicle must have a substantial defect that has not been repaired after a reasonable number of attempts by the manufacturer or authorized dealer.
- The vehicle must fall within the scope of coverage under the law, which includes most motor vehicles, such as cars, trucks, SUVs, and motorhomes.
- The vehicle has been out of service for 30 or more days due to repair attempts.
- The vehicle must be repaired within its manufacturer warranty period.
- The manufacturer, dealer, or lessor must have been given a reasonable opportunity to fix the defect.
Signs That You Might Have a Lemon Law Claim in Thousand Oaks
If your vehicle is experiencing the following signs, you may be eligible for compensation under the California Lemon Law:
- Body flaws
- Coolant system problems
- Faulty air conditioning systems
- Defective airbags
- Defective alarms
- Defective security systems
- Defective fuel systems
- Electrical issues
- Engine or transmission problems
- Emissions problems
- Improper mirror positioning
- Inadequate power steering
- Mechanical issues, such as steering or brakes
- Poorly functioning brakes
- Defective seatbelt
- Structural problems, such as rusting
- Suspension problems
- Unsafe tires or wheels
- Poorly functioning lights
If your vehicle in has been deemed a lemon, our team of Thousand Oaks lemon law attorneys can help you fight for your rights and get the compensation that you deserve.
What to Do if You Suspect that Your Car is a Lemon in Thousand Oaks
If you think that your car is a lemon and it has not been adequately repaired after a reasonable number of attempts, you should contact an experienced Thousand Oaks Lemon Law attorney. Our lemon law attorneys in Thousand Oaks will help you in the following:
- Evaluate your case to determine whether you meet the requirements of a lemon law claim
- Create and send out a legal demand letter to the manufacturer or dealer
- Negotiate with the manufacturer or dealer for a resolution of your claim
- Ensure that your rights as a consumer are protected throughout the process
- Handle any disputes that arise during the negotiations
- Assist you in filing a lawsuit if necessary
- Represent you in court, if it comes to that
- Help you secure compensation for your losses as a result of the lemon law violation
- Explain all options available to you and make sure that any settlement reached is fair and reasonable
- Ensure that the manufacturer or dealer follows through with the agreed-upon remedies.
- Answer any questions regarding lemon law and the process of recovering compensation.
At the Lemon Law Experts, we will fight for your rights as a consumer and work to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
What If Your Thousand Oaks Vehicle Does Not Qualify as a Lemon?
If your vehicle does not qualify as a lemon under the California Lemon Law, there may be other options available to you. For example, you may be able to pursue a fraud action against the manufacturer or dealer or negligent repair action against the dealer.
Another option may be to pursue a product liability claim against the vehicle manufacturer if the defects caused bodily injury or harm. You may be able to recover compensation in situations where there was a defective design that caused your vehicle to malfunction or become unsafe for use.
In addition, if the manufacturer or dealer made any misrepresentations about the vehicle’s condition before purchase, you may also have a claim for fraud against them. In most cases, you will need to show that there was an intentional act of deception on the part of the manufacturer or dealer which caused you to suffer harm.
No matter what type of claim you may have, it is important to hire an experienced attorney who can help you pursue the maximum compensation available under the law.
Car Manufacturers We Seek Justice From
Our Thousand Oaks lemon attorneys are experienced in successfully representing clients against the following car manufacturers:
- Land Rover
We have received millions of dollars in settlements from these top manufacturers and can potentially do the same for you.
Compensation Options for a Thousand Oaks Lemon Law Case
When it involves lemon law claims, you may be entitled to various types of compensation depending on the facts of your case. A successful outcome in a Thousand Oaks lemon law claim will result in some or all of the following forms of restitution:
- Repurchase or replacement of the vehicle
- Refunding or reimbursements for any out-of-pocket expenses related to the lemon vehicle
- Civil penalties in an amount up to two times your actual damages
- Payment of your attorney’s fees and costs
Contact Us Today for a Free Lemon Law Consultation in Thousand Oaks!
If you believe you have a lemon law claim in Thousand Oaks, do not hesitate to contact the experienced attorneys at Lemon Law Experts for assistance. We can help you understand your legal rights and options and strive to get you the compensation you deserve from car manufacturers.
Do not put off contacting us, as there are time limits that apply to filing these types of claims. Contact us today at 877.885.5366 for a free case evaluation and learn how we can help you get the justice you deserve.